About Me

My photo
I´m a foodie who lives to eat. A Singaporean living in the heart of Jakarta. My food blog started because I could never remember my recipes back when we travelled back and forth from here and Singapore...and I´m terrible at keeping folders! So this was my savior. I still rely on this blog to cook so just know that the recipes here are all tried and tested!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Heart Aches



Its been more than a month since I last saw Fai for 'Eid... 2 days ago he said he had bad tummy ache and it was so bad, it rendered him to bed for the whole day yesterday... as a wife I feel so helpless being here.. I wish i could just fly to be by his side and nurse him back to health...

So I called him and spoke to him for a good hour.. You know if he's eaten, if work was good, hows the weather, what the kids have been up to..mundane stuff like that....The thing is after 6 years of marriage, certain words like 'I Love You' & 'I Miss You' doesn't seem as important anymore.. its the quality of the things being said in between.. so we rarely say it..

I looked up the cabinet and saw my favourite wedding picture (yeah i was slimmer then and Fai looked much younger than his 30 years!!!) and my heart ached.... I miss you darling..........I really do...

2 comments:

Jussaemon said...

i wish i cld talk mundane things like tt to Zubair too... but *shrug* he doesnt get it i think. but Nan reassured me that its bcos we're still too new to each other....

narny said...

ya i think also cuz you guys are still in that 'getting to know each other stage'... it'll be different after a couple of years...relax... your turn will come

Pin It